Grays Ferry Boxing and Fitness Club
The Grays Ferry Boxing and Fitness Club gives the following descriptive information:
Boxing and Fitness Classes on Saturdays:
- 10am for children under 14
- 11am Boys and Men over 14
- 12pm for Girls and Ladies Over 14
Just Bring your Water Bottle
The below news story gives more:
[Police sergeant Mike] Rafferty founded the club on the third floor of William A. Barrett community center thanks to donations and a letter-writing campaign in 2001. His goal was to drive a wedge between kids and their attraction to the streets and he often handed out cards in detention cells while on the job.
"Some of the kids went right from the jail cell to the ring," he said.
In The News
- Grays Ferry boxing club could use a good cornerman, Philly.com, March 17, 2016.
- GoFundMe: boxingclubrepairs