Hebrew Free Loan Society of Greater Philadelphia
Jump to navigation Jump to search
The Highest Form of Charity is to Help People Help Themselves
Hebrew Free Loan helps those living in the Philadelphia area with a temporary financial need by offering no interest, no fee loans. While most of our loans are only for members of the Philadelphia Jewish community, some are offered to both Jews and non-Jews. Credit-worthy co-signers are required for all loans.
We lend for everything from post-secondary education to fertility treatments to day care and pre-school to medical and dental expenses to starting a new business, and much more.
Notes: The above description came from the organization's home page. The organization is headquartered in Elkins Park, Pennsylvania.
In The News
- Philadelphia-Area Social Service Agencies See Increased Need for Food, Mental Health Resources, Jewish Exponent, October 22, 2020.
- Jewish Groups Make Financial Resources Available Amid Crisis, Jewish Exponent, April 2, 2020.
- Hebrew Free Loan Society Adds Adoption Program, February 2, 2020.
- Anonymous Donor Gives $500,000 To Philly Non-Profit To Offer Zero-Interest Loans To Hundreds of Federal Workers, CBS-3, January 21, 2019.
- Facebook: @hflphilly
- Twitter: @HFLPhilly
- Video: Parshat Mishpatim: What The Bible Says About Money Lending (YouTube, 3m55s)
- Volunteer: Volunteering