We create solutions for your business that provide opportunities and pathways to success for our youth.
Hopeworks ‘N Camden uses education, technology and entrepreneurship to partner with young men and women as they identify and earn a sustainable future. Together we seize the opportunity to heal and thrive in the midst of violence and poverty.
The pastoral teams of three Camden churches, two Lutheran and one Catholic, founded Hopeworks collaboratively. We officially opened our doors to our first trainees in March 2000. Since then:
- Over 1,200 youth from our target population have visited Hopeworks.
- Trainees have gone on to get jobs, attend college, and earn GEDs.
- Under the direction of our full-time Web site project director, our trainees have developed Web sites for more than 400 paying clients, mainly local, national, and international small businesses and non-profit organizations.
- Our GIS business has served more than 60 clients, producing parcel maps, digitizing land use information, and creating online mapping functionality with Google Maps.
- We have developed lasting partnerships with dozens of different organizations (a mix of governmental, commercial, and faith-based organizations) that help us to accomplish our mission.
Note: The above description came from the organization's About page.
In The News
- Camden non-profit rolls out job portal to fill 2,000 jobs in the city, Philadelphia Business Journal, September 9, 2019.
- Vote for these local tech nonprofits to win up to $200K, Technical.ly Philly, July 9, 2019.
- Go get a tour of Hopeworks Camden's new 6,000-square-foot HQ, Technical.ly Philly, August 29, 2018.
- Hopeworks ‘N Camden nabs ‘landmark’ donation pledge of $420K, Technical.ly Philly, November 17, 2017.