Idea: A Municipal Bank For Philadelphia
Jump to navigation Jump to search
This Wikidelphia idea page proposes A Municipal Bank For Philadelphia.
- 1 Why should Philadelphia Have Its Own Bank?
- 2 Here's a GREAT two minute video about Public Banks
- 3 A little longer video, but worth every second
- 4 Resources
- 5 Public Banks Are...
- 6 More Videos
- 7 More
- 8 Ellen Brown
- 9 In The News
- 10 The Bank of North Dakota
- 11 Fels Public Banking Study
- 12 About Money
Why should Philadelphia Have Its Own Bank?
- The City can save money and even earn money by creating its own bank... The bank could bring in new revenue without raising taxes!!!
Here's a GREAT two minute video about Public Banks
A little longer video, but worth every second
- See Philadelphia Neighborhood Networks Public Banking Action Group to connect with the people who are working on a public bank for Philadelphia
- And see Pennsylvania Public Bank Project for the team working on a public bank for Pennsylvania.
- Consider the Benefits For Cities and Municipalities Of a Public Bank (PDF).
- Coalition of grassroots groups launches “paradigm shift” campaign for #PublicBankNYC
Public Banks Are...
- Viable solutions to the present economic crises in US states.
- Potentially available to any-sized government or community able to meet the requirements for setting up a bank.
- Owned by the people of a state or community.
- Economically sustainable, because they operate transparently in the public interest.
- Able to offset tax increases with returned credit income to the community.
- Ready sources of credit for local governments, satisfying the need for “rainy day” funds required to promote the public interest, as defined in their charters.
- Constitutional, as ruled by the U.S. Supreme Court.
- no more Detroits...The Philadelphia Public Bank Solution
- The Public Bank Solution to Government Debt and Budget Shortfalls
- VIDEO: The 100 year old MODEL Public Bank: The Bank of North Dakota
- The Story of Solutions!
- Movement Website: Public Banking Insitute: A national movement to help states set up their own banks.
- Article: Public Banking Institute Calls Largest Wall Street Banks "Unsafe," and Backs It Up, Wall Street On Parade, August 29, 2013.
- Philadelphia Public Bank Coalition
- Philadelphia Public Bank Coalition group on Facebook
- Philadelphia Neighborhood Networks (PNN) Public Banking Action Group
- Public Banking Institute
- The Public Bank Solution
- Podcast: It´s Our Money with Ellen Brown
- How California Could Get Its Money Out of Wall Street - Yes Magazine, updated June 7, 2018
In The News
The Bank of North Dakota
- The Bank of North Dakota website
- Wikipedia Article about the Bank of North Dakota
- Mother Jones: How the Nation’s Only State-Owned Bank Became the Envy of Wall Street
- VIDEO: Bank of North Dakota