Improving Our Community One House at a Time
Jumpstart Germantown, a unique community development program, spearheaded by Philly Office Retail, works to revitalize the Germantown section of Philadelphia, and surrounding communities through training, mentoring, networking and providing financial resources to local aspiring developers. Jumpstart uses a collaborative approach to real estate development, emphasizing the sharing of resources and information, because we can do more together than we can do alone.
- Creates opportunities for local residents to invest and develop in their neighborhoods.
- Builds wealth locally.
- Supports scattered-site rehabilitation (as opposed to urban renewal).
- Encourages a healthy mix of affordable and market-rate housing.
- Improves neighborhood safety and raises property values through blight reduction.
- Helps first-time investors become more attractive to traditional lenders.
- Promotes diversity, changing the face of real estate development.
We are seeking experienced or aspiring developers who are community minded and share our interest in the future of Germantown, and its adjacent communities. Jumpstarters should be committed to blight removal, creating more quality, affordable housing, and making Germantown a better place to live, work and enjoy.
Note: The above descriptive information came from the organization's home page.
In The News
- The Opposite of Gentrification, Philadelphia Citizen, April 2, 2018.
- Jumpstart Germantown jumps to two more city neighborhoods, Philadelphia Inquirer, October 3, 2016.
- Facebook: jumpstartgermantownnetwork