National Constitution Center (NCC)
The National Constitution Center is the first and only institution in America established by Congress to “disseminate information about the United States Constitution on a nonpartisan basis in order to increase the awareness and understanding of the Constitution among the American people.” The Constitution Center brings the United States Constitution to life by hosting interactive exhibits and constitutional conversations
and inspires active citizenship by celebrating the American constitutional tradition.
Our nonpartisan mission is best expressed in our three goals: to serve the nation and the world as the MUSEUM OF WE THE PEOPLE, a national HEADQUARTERS FOR CIVIC EDUCATION, and AMERICA’S TOWN HALL. We illuminate the constitutional debates that affect the lives of all Americans by hosting constitutional conversations on Independence Mall in Philadelphia and across a range of media platforms, and we inspire active citizenship by celebrating the American constitutional tradition. Our three goals can be summarized in three words: VISIT. LEARN. DEBATE.
As the Museum of We the People, the Constitution Center features hundreds of interactive exhibits, engaging theatrical performances, and original documents of freedom. As America’s town hall, the National Constitution Center hosts constitutional debates across a range of broadcast and digital media platforms. As a national and international center for civic education, the Constitution Center offers cutting edge constitutional seminars, discussions, course materials, and interactive and digital resources for students of all ages.
Note: The above descriptive information came from the museum's About page.
In The News
- Justice Neil Gorsuch replaces Joe Biden as National Constitution Center chair, Philadelphia Business Journal, May 14, 2019.
- New Jersey Veteran Talks About Vietnam War At National Constitution Center’s Veterans Day Celebration, CBS-3, November 12, 2018.
- National Constitution Center tells the story of America, CBS News, July 25, 2016.
- Locals Celebrate Earth Day at National Constitution Center, CBS-3, April 22, 2016.
- Admission: Admission
- Facebook: constitutionctr
- Text: Interactive Constitution
- Twitter: @ConstitutionCtr
- Podcasts: Podcasts
- About-United States Constitution (2)
- Does-Political Education (27)
- Is-History Museum (45)
- Is-Museum (92)
- Is-Nonprofit Organization (748)
- Is-Tourist Attraction (114)
- Issue-Constitution of the United States (16)
- Issue-Conversation (43)
- Teaches-American History (10)
- Teaches-History (52)
- Where-Center City East (29)
- Where-Old City (27)