New Kensington Community Development Corporation (NKCDC)
New Kensington Community Development Corporation (NKCDC) provides free housing counseling--like help buying a home, or help paying rent, mortgage, or utilities—to anyone in Philadelphia. We offer many additional resources to residents and businesses in the Kensington, Fishtown, and Port Richmond neighborhoods, like:
- Developing affordable housing.
- Connecting residents to resources for housing, food, health, safety, employment and other community needs.
- Advancing neighborhood leaders and supporting neighborhood organizations.
- Supporting small businesses, artists, and entrepreneurs.
- Maintaining vacant lots and commercial corridors.
Our Community Health Worker (CHW) workforce development program also improves health outcomes in Kensington. Our food and nutrition program, Nourish, delivers meal kits in Kensington, Fairhill and Juniata. And We CAN, a partnership funded by the U.S. Department of Justice, has brought community organizations and police together to address issues of community safety across Kensington and Fairhill.
We use a strategic combination of real estate development, community engagement, and people-centered direct services to ensure all of our neighbors can remain--and thrive--where they choose to live.
Note: The above descriptive information came from the organization's Who We Are page.
In The News
- Amid neighborhood instability, affordable housing brings new residents to Kensington, Star News Philly, December 6, 2017.
- Once-Shuttered Factories Are Now Manufacturing Jobs in Philadelphia, Next City, December 1, 2016.
- Email Newsletter: NKCDC
- Español: nkcdc.org/es
- Event Calendar: Upcoming Events
- Facebook: @newkensingtoncdc
- Twitter: @NKCDC
- Volunteer: Community Connectors
- Does-Community Economic Development (78)
- Does-Event Calendar (391)
- Does-Housing Counseling (24)
- Does-Newsletter Via Email (110)
- Is-Community Based Organization (43)
- Is-Community Development Corporation (29)
- Is-Nonprofit Organization (748)
- Is-Registered Community Organization (RCO) (79)
- Issue-Community (238)
- Issue-Community Development (82)
- Issue-Economic Development (80)
- Issue-Housing (153)
- Issue-Neighborhood Revitalization (33)
- Issue-The Arts (125)
- Issue-Zoning (73)
- Teaches-Home Ownership (4)
- Where-Fishtown (16)
- Where-Kensington (17)
- Where-Port Richmond (10)