Office of HIV Planning Philadelphia
The Office of HIV Planning Philadelphia gives the following descriptive information:
We support two decision-making bodies that plan HIV care and prevention services in the Philadelphia area: the Philadelphia EMA Ryan White Part A Planning Council (RWPC) and the Philadelphia HIV Prevention Planning Group (HPG) - the functions of both of these groups have been included in the HIV Integrated Planning Council.
We also assist the Positive Committee, a group that supports and enhances the participation of people living with HIV/AIDS in the community planning process through educational activities and outreach.
As a part of our work supporting the efforts of the planning bodies, we:
- Assess needs.
- Produce literature reviews.
- Conduct community outreach and educational activities.
- Write comprehensive plans.
- Record and monitor official processes (including meeting minutes).
- Collaborate with the AIDS Activities Coordinating Office (AACO) and other community and governmental organizations.
- Provide logistical and administrative support.