Office of Housing and Community Development (OHCD)
One of the City's largest and most important service organizaitions, OHCD doesn't have a concise description of itself, or an a "About" page on its Web site
Housing Counseling Agencies
OHCD supports 30 housing counseling agencies to offer free counseling services to residents of Philadelphia. Eligibility requirements apply.
Housing Resource Guide
OHCD's Housing Resource Guide provides easy-to-find information about housing, emergency shelter and community development resources and programs in Philadelphia.
Free Home Repairs
- Provides free adaptations to house or apartment of low-income disabled individuals
- Free emergency repairs to electrical, plumbing and/or heating systems of an owner-occupied property.
- Free minor heater repairs.
OHCD produces many publications. Some are mandated by federal funding sources, some assist developers and subrecipient agencies in the contracting process, some assist the general public in accessing the programs and services provided by OHCD, PHDC, PRA and its subrecipient agencies and others are informational on OHCD activities.
Every new or rehabilitated residential development in the City of Philadelphia requires liason and compliance with various government agencies. This page has been developed to provide you with information and contacts.
- Does-Free Home Repairs (3)
- Does-Home Repairs (4)
- Does-Housing Counseling (24)
- Is-Government Agency (64)
- Issue-Affordable Housing (35)
- Issue-Community (238)
- Issue-Community Development (82)
- Issue-Consumer Information (19)
- Issue-Economic Development (80)
- Issue-Green Space (7)
- Issue-Homelessness (47)
- Issue-Housing (153)
- Issue-Low Income Housing (19)
- Issue-Neighborhood Revitalization (33)
- Issue-Philadelphia Neighborhoods (38)
- Issue-Sustainable Housing (15)
- Issue-Urban Planning (11)