Opera Company of Philadelphia
Opera Is What Living Sounds Like. Are You Listening?
Opera Philadelphia is committed to embracing innovation and developing opera for the 21st century. Our mission:
- Delivering outstanding productions of traditional and new repertoire that engage our public and propel our genre forward
- Identifying extraordinary artists, both established and emerging, and provide opportunities for them to create their most imaginative and inspired work.
- Presenting innovative programming relevant to the multi-cultural Philadelphia region that broadens and diversifies the opera audience.
Opera Philadelphia is a Professional Company Member of OPERA America. Support provided by the Philadelphia Cultural Fund.
"They're increasingly taking chances, offering unusual and new work along with repertory staples, and carving out a place for themselves as proponents of American opera." ~Anne Midgette, The Washington Post
"Things are looking up, operatically speaking, in the City of Brotherly Love." ~Opera News
"One of the nation’s most innovative companies." ~U-T San Diego
"Philadelphia has some of the richest operatic DNA in America." ~Fred Plotkin, WQXR Operavore
Note: The above descriptive information came from the organization's Our Mission page.
In The News
- Opera Philadelphia to premiere a channel full of cinematic performances, Metro, August 3, 2020.
- "Opera Is Already In You", Philadelphia Citizen, September 12, 2019.
- This year’s Opera Philadelphia Festival turns Philly’s iconic sites into its stage, Curbed Philadelphia, August 30, 2017.
- Groundbreaking Citywide O17 Festival Of Opera To Debut In Philadelphia This Fall, Uwishunu, May 12, 2017.
- Event Calendar: Operatic Events
- Facebook: OperaPhila
- Twitter: @OperaPhila
- Volunteer: Volunteer Registration
- Volunteer Match profile: Opera Company of Philadelphia
- YouTube: user/operaphila