Peace Day Philly
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Peace Day Philly works to:
- Encourage a broad-base of organizations to use the platform of the United Nations International Day of Peace (observed worldwide on and around September 21) to offer and/or engage in an activity related to peace that is in keeping with their mission/goals.
- Collaborate with other organizations and groups to develop and present high-quality, content rich programs on a wide range of topics related to personal, local and/or global peace.
- Provide a wide range of resources and links via our website and social media for organizations, groups and individuals to engage in Peace Day.
- Engage civic offices, city Departments and leaders to use Peace Day Philly to forward ongoing safety enhancement and community resiliency work taking place year round.
- Promote peace programs and activities – both local and global – throughout the year through community partnerships.
- Sustain efforts and initiatives sparked by the International Day of Peace whenever possible.
Note: The above descriptive information came from the organization's About page.
In The News
- Philly schools to take part in Peace Day events, KYW, September 13, 2021.
- Peace Day Philly online events to address pandemic, unrest, KYW, September 14, 2020.