We are consistently recognized nationally and internationally for excellence in health care. The cornerstone of our reputation is our medical and support staff, who choose to dedicate their careers to serving the needs of our patients and community.
Our history of patient care began more than two centuries ago with the founding of the nation's first hospital, Pennsylvania Hospital, in 1751 and the nation's first medical school at the University of Pennsylvania in 1765. Penn Medicine has pioneered medical frontiers with a staff comprised of innovators who have dedicated their lives to advancing medicine through excellence in education, research and patient care.
When you choose Penn Medicine, you benefit from more than two centuries of the highest standards in patient care, education and research. The caliber of comfort and individual attention you receive is unmatched by any other hospital in the Mid-Atlantic region.
Note: The above descriptive information came from the organization's About Penn Medicine page.
In The News
- Modeling the pandemic, Philadelphia Citizen, April 13, 2020.
- Watch: Penn Medicine sets record for largest pour of concrete in Philly history, Philly Voice, July 11, 2017.
- Community Service: Serving Our Community
- Facebook: pennmed
- Locations: Penn Medicine Locations
- Opportunities: Clinical Trials at Penn Medicine
- Resources: Health and Wellness Resources
- Twitter: @PennMedicine