Pennsylvania Working Families Organization
The Working Families Party is a progressive grassroots political party building a multiracial movement of working people to transform America.
The Working Families Party is regular people coming together across our differences to make our nation work for the many, not the few. We’re a multiracial party that fights for workers over bosses and people over the powerful.
The Working Families Party is building our own party on top of the two-party system in the United States. We organize outside the two parties, and then we recruit and train people-powered candidates up and down the ballot and run them to win, often inside Democratic Party primaries.
This is not just an idea — it’s reality. For more than two decades, we have been recruiting, training, and electing transformational leaders across the country. We’ve then organized with them to win major victories for working families — like higher wages, a fairer criminal justice system and getting money out of politics.
The Working Families Party is made up of our individual members across the country, along with partners in unions, community organizations and social movements. And we’re growing fast.
Today, hundreds of thousands of people are part of the Working Families Party, in every part of the country. There are many ways for people to be active in the party locally and nationally, including state chapters and local branches in Colorado, Connecticut, Louisiana, Maryland, Nevada, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Washington state, or Washington, DC.
Note: The above descriptive information came from the national organization's About page.
In The News
- 'Pure money'? Philly Democrats and Republicans grapple with third-party win, Billy Penn, November 6, 2019.
- $250k in outside money to help Working Families Party gain seats on Philly City Council, Billy Penn, October 29, 2019.
- Is the Working Families Party really the path to progress in Philadelphia?, Philadelphia Citizen, September 27, 2019.
- More endorsements for Working Families Party candidates for Council, Northeast Times, September 25, 2019.
In The News
- Philadelphia Councilmembers Call For Unity As WFP Announces Bernie Sanders Endorsement, Philadelphia Free Press, March 11, 2020.
- Alternative URL: workingfamilies.org/states/pennsylvania
- National: Working Families
- Photos: Photos