Philadelphia Museum of Art
We are Philadelphia’s art museum. A world-renowned collection. A landmark building. A place that welcomes everyone.
We bring the arts to life, inspiring visitors—through scholarly study and creative play—to discover the spirit of imagination that lies in everyone.
We connect people with the arts in rich and varied ways, making the experience of the museum surprising, lively, and always memorable.
We are committed to inviting visitors to see the world—and themselves—anew through the beauty and expressive power of the arts.
Our collection reflects our unique history and the passions of generations of Philadelphia collectors and curators. The museum collection comprises eight curatorial departments: American Art; Contemporary Art; Costume & Textiles; East Asian Art; European Decorative Arts and Sculpture; European Painting; Prints, Drawings & Photographs; and South Asian Art.
Note: The above descriptive information came from the museum's Our Story page.
In The News
- This Collector You’ve Never Heard Of Helped Spark the Creation of the Philadelphia Museum of Art, Philadelphia Magazine, August 17, 2021.
- Digital Collection: Online Collection Search
- Email Newsletters: Museum e-Newsletters
- Event Calendar: Calendar of Events
- Facebook: @philamuseum
- Twitter: @philamuseum
- Videos: @PhilaArtMuseum (YouTube User)