Jump to navigation Jump to search
Transforming Society For The Benefit Of All
Philly Socialists gives the following descriptive information:
- Philly Socialists is a political organization dedicated to building a more just, democratic, and sustainable future.
- Through service projects that directly meet the needs of our communities, we put our values into practice while planting the seeds of a larger movement to transform society for the benefit of all.
Values: Everything we do is driven by commitment to our core values.
- Science means being willing to admit when you're wrong. We don't have all the answers, so we test our assumptions, experiment, and learn from our successes and mistakes.
- Democracy means giving everyone a voice. We all help decide what we're going to do and how we're going to do it.
- Human Rights means defending the inherent value of every person, regardless of race, gender, ethnicity, or sexual orientation.
Politics: We're proud of our projects, but they're not enough.
- The problems that we address with our projects ultimately have larger systemic causes--poverty, racism, political corruption, and economic exploitation. Projects can improve our communities, but as long as the government and economy remain the same, we're not going to be able to fix these underlying problems.
- This is where Philly Socialists differs from non-profits. They just treat symptoms. We're trying to overcome the root causes, which means building a political movement to fundamentally change American society to make it more democratic, equitable, and humane. In a word, socialist.
- Does-Civil Disobedience (4)
- Does-Community Based Programs (19)
- Does-Food Advocacy (15)
- Does-Leadership Development (44)
- Does-Neighborhood Revitalization (12)
- Does-Participatory Engagement (4)
- Does-Protest Marches (6)
- Does-Urban Agriculture (12)
- Is-Advocacy Organization (487)
- Is-Collective (38)
- Is-Political Organization (21)
- Is-Political Party (9)
- Issue-Activism (57)
- Issue-Anarchism (3)
- Issue-Civic Engagement (53)
- Issue-Civil Liberties (15)
- Issue-Community (238)
- Issue-Community Development (82)
- Issue-Democracy (41)
- Issue-Economic Development (80)
- Issue-Empowerment (34)
- Issue-Gardening (27)
- Issue-Human Rights (38)
- Issue-Income Inequality (6)
- Issue-LGBTQ (11)
- Issue-Neighborhood Revitalization (33)
- Issue-Politics (22)
- Issue-Poverty (43)
- Issue-Public Schools (34)
- Issue-Social Change (113)
- Issue-Social Justice (104)
- Issue-Socialism (5)
- Serves-Communities (55)
- Serves-Neighborhood Organizations (19)
- Using-Volunteers (333)