Showcasing Rare Books, Manuscripts, and Art
Welcome to The Rosenbach. Home to a collection of nearly 400,000 rare books, manuscripts, and ﬁne and decorative art objects, including some of the best-known literary and historical objects in the world, the Rosenbach serves everyone from school children and families to scholars and casual visitors from around the corner and around the globe.
The Rosenbach seeks to inspire curiosity, inquiry, and creativity by engaging broad audiences in exhibitions, programs, and research based on its remarkable and expanding collections. In December 2013, the Rosenbach became afﬁliated with the Free Library of Philadelphia Foundation, bringing together two of the world's preeminent collections of rare books, manuscripts, Americana and art. The combined holdings of the Rosenbach and the Free Library of Philadelphia inspire unique exhibitions and programs throughout the year.
Note: The above descriptive information came from the organization's About the Rosenbach page.
In The News
- A Secret Garden Blooms Again on Delancey Place, Hidden City Philadelphia, October 15, 2020.
- Until Death Do Us Part: An Ode To Philadelphia Book Collecting, Hidden City Philadelphia, September 6, 2019.
- More Than Just Bloomsday, Philadelphia Citizen, March 13, 2018.
- Collections: Collections
- Event Calendar: Calendar
- Facebook: rosenbachmuseum
- Twitter: @rosenbachmuseum