Shareable is an award-winning nonprofit news, action and connection hub for the sharing transformation.
- New and resurgent solutions are democratizing how we produce, consume, govern, and solve social problems.
- The maker movement, collaborative consumption, the solidarity economy, open source software, transition towns, open government, and social enterprise are just a few of the movements showing a way forward based on sharing. (This text comes from their About page)
The Service is a collaborative website that allows SHAREABLE.NET members to share their ideas and interests with the SHAREABLE.NET community. Through the Service you are able to comment on content found in SHAREABLE.NET Magazine and on this website. You can also make connections with friends and learn about others in the SHAREABLE.NET community.
- Tools: A growing collection of "how to share" posts which can help you save money, reduce waste, and build community through sharing.
- The "Sharing City" Toolkit: An evolving compilation of resources comprised of a mix of How-to’s, Project Guides, example Policy and tried and true Models and Advice for creating your own Sharing City
- Events from around the world
- Newsletter Archive
- Mission and Values