Simeone Foundation Automotive Museum
It is my pleasure to welcome you to the Simeone Foundation Automotive Museum and to share with you a display of racing sports cars I have been collecting since I was a young man.
Living organisms, fighting for survival, adapt to the demands of their environment. The strongest pass on their superior genes to future generations. In the competition between the species, the fittest indeed do survive.
The same is true with many inanimate objects. There are few illustrations of the effects of competition as dramatic, and beautiful, as the evolution of the racing sports car. This is the theme of our exhibition. Here you can learn how racing improves the breed. You can see the evolution of the race car as the result of seven decades of the “spirit of competition.”
We have rotating exhibits that further illustrate the spirit of competition. Plus, we regularly take cars out of the museum onto our 3-acre lot in back for Demonstration Days.
Note: The above descriptive information, written by Dr. Fred Simeone, came from the museum's Introduction page.
In The News
- This Philly car collector beat Ralph Lauren and Sam Walton to be ranked No. 1 in the world, Billy Penn, updated July 18, 2019.
- Automotive Museum In Southwest Philly Goes The Distance (And Then Some), Hidden City Philadelphia, May 28, 2019.
- Digital Collection: The Collection
- Email Newsletter: Sign Up for our Once-a-Week Newsletter
- Event Calendar: Upcoming Events
- Facebook: SimeoneAutomotiveMuseum
- Facility Rentals: Host Your Event
- Instagram: @SimeoneMuseum
- Twitter: @SimeoneMuseum
- YouTube: Simeone Museum