Survival of the Planet - A Tipping Point
In the near-term future, the Internet will facilitate the growth rate of connection-based economic power among the 99% of people. These are people who will benefit from a set of collaborative, cooperation-based sustainable planetary goals. This growth rate of connections among the 99% will ultimately exceed the growth rate of connections and economic power of the 1% of people who have extractive, capital-based, self-enriching industrial goals and intentions.
The wealthy 1% is already well connected. Their potential for growth in the number of connections among themselves is limited. On the other hand, 99% of the world's population is not well connected. The potential for growth in the number of connections is high and the rate of growth in those connections will continue to rise as more people around the world engage in using the Internet.