The Philadelphia School (TPS)
The Philadelphia School (TPS) introduces itself with the line, "City Country Classroom", and gives the following descriptive information:
The Philadelphia School is a coeducational, nonsectarian independent school educating children from preschool through eighth grade. Our mission, as a progressive school and vibrant learning community, is to educate the character and intellect of children. We want our students to become engaged citizens who are critical thinkers, creative problem solvers, and lifelong learners.
The Philadelphia School was founded in 1972 by a group of parents who wanted to nurture the natural curiosity of children. They set out to create a professionally run school guided by the following goals:
- Set high academic standards.
- Celebrate joyful learning.
- Foster creativity and innovation.
- Use the rich resources of the city of Philadelphia in meaningful ways.
- Provide direct and frequent experiences in the natural world.
- Respond to new developments in education.
- Respect and educate the whole child.
My children, now grown and finished college, loved and still respect the experiences they had at TPS. ~Stan 17:57, 4 June 2016 (EDT)