University of Pennsylvania Museum of Archaeology and Anthropology
Open to all, the Museum is home to remarkable objects and powerful stories that emerge from its extraordinary expeditions across the world.
At the Penn Museum, make powerful connections between ways of life past and present, near and far. Discover the cultures of Africa, Asia, the Americas, and the Mediterranean, from the very first cities of the Middle East to the kings of ancient Egypt; from prehistoric Mexico to the lives of Native American communities today.
The Museum is a place for everyone to explore who we are and where we came from. Whether in our galleries or through our online Digital Penn Museum, experience the mystery of the ancient past, gain an understanding of our shared humanity, and find your own place in the arc of human history.
Note: The above descriptive information came from the museum's Our Story page.
In The News
- The Penn Museum’s New Galleries Reckon With Colonialism. Plus: Air Conditioning., Philadelphia Magazine, November 18, 2019.
- Penn Museum overhauls brand ahead of gallery reopening, Philadelphia Business Journal, September 20, 2019.
- Penn Museum's Massive Sphinx Makes Monumental Move, NBC-10, June 12, 2019.
- Penn Museum Exhibit Examines Cultural Heritage in Syria and Iraq, NBC-10, April 7, 2017.
- Digital Collection: Digital Collections
- Event Calendar: Events Calendar
- Facebook: pennmuseum
- Facility Rentals: Rent the Penn Museum
- Facility Rentals: Weddings at the Penn Museum
- Twitter: @pennmuseum
- Volunteer: Volunteer at the Penn Museum
- YouTube: user/pennmuseum