Uplift works to support food businesses, local governments, and nonprofits in creating sustainable access to fresh and healthy food, nutrition education, and health care in underserved communities.
- Uplift believes, full-service supermarkets in underprivileged communities can become the cornerstone to fulfill a multitude of community needs.
- To actualize this belief, Uplift takes a multidisciplinary approach, leveraging its four program areas to
- deliver new supermarkets creating access to fresh and healthy food;
- preserve existing supermarkets to maintain access to fresh and health food;
- develop new health clinics to create access to preventative and restorative health care services;
- and collocate wraparound services to provide access to nutrition education and public benefits.
The four program areas representing this work are:
- Sustainable Food Solutions,
- Health Solutions,
- Financial Solutions,
- and Workforce Solutions.
In The News
- Program aims to give returning citizens a second chance, Philadelphia Tribune, November 29, 2018.