Reforming Urban Education
Our Mission: UrbEd is a student-led, student oriented organization that advocates for students and families that are being deprived of a quality and efficient, urban education. We as a non-profit work directly with students, parents, teachers, school staff, policy-makers and organizations fighting for the same objective. We hope that students are able to be provided a quality and efficient urban education by 2026.
Our Vision: We want every urban student receiving a quality and efficient urban education by 2026! A quality education means that every student's school (be it public, private, or charter) inculcates within them with the necessary skills and knowledge that will enable them to flourish in the professional and personal facets of life. We seek to improve and complement the education that a student receives to further prepare them for setting and attaining their goals.
Our Beliefs: UrbEd believes that students, in the urban school system should receive a quality and efficient education. We believe in order to receive a quality education you must not just receive proper funding but have qualified teachers and efficient policy makers.
What We Do
- State of Education Release.
- Leadership Opportunities - UE Advocates (Ambassador Program).
- School Presentations / Advocacy Trainings.
- Community Events.
- Civic Engagement Competitions.
Note: The above descriptive information came from the organization's About Us page.
In The News
- Philly social justice advocates mine lessons from MLK's legacy, WHYY, April 3, 2018.
- Student-run advocacy nonprofit UrbEd is 'reclaiming our school system', Generocity, January 22, 2018.