Women Against Abuse
Women Against Abuse gives the following descriptive information:
Women Against Abuse, a 501(c)3 nonprofit agency, is Philadelphia’s leading domestic violence advocate and service provider and among the largest domestic violence agencies in the country.
Women Against Abuse strives to provide a continuum of care—from telephone crisis counseling to long-term supportive housing—in a manner that promotes victim safety, autonomy and dignity.
- Safe Haven: Since 1977, Women Against Abuse has operated Philadelphia’s only safe havens for victims of domestic violence.
- Legal Center: The Women Against Abuse Legal Center is among the first in the nation to dedicated to victims of domestic violence.
- Sojourner House: Women Against Abuse operates the region’s first transitional housing program for abused women and children.
- Safe at Home Program: The Safe at Home Program provides survivors with community-based aftercare services and financial assistance to safely transition to homes in the community.
- Philadelphia Domestic Violence Hotline: Women Against Abuse leads the 24-hour, citywide hotline, a central point of access for crisis counseling, safety planning and referrals.
- Education and Training: Women Against Abuse educators train professionals, students, survivors and community members to effectively intervene in the cycle of abuse.