25/10 Crowd Sourcing
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Liberating Structures List Alpha on Wikidelphia in Alphabetically order
- (Items in the above list that are marked with an asterisk have my notes in them)
- Liberating Structures List on Wikidelphia Using the LS Website's "order of difficulty"
Rapidly generate & sift a group’s most powerful actionable ideas
Discover a group's most attractive ideas together by asking, “If you were ten times bolder, what big idea would you recommend? What first step would you take to get started?”
- First, every participant writes on an index card his or her bold idea and first step.
- Then people mill around and cards are passed from person to person. "Mill and Pass only. No reading." This step shuffles the cards.
- When the bell rings, people stop passing cards and pair up to exchange thoughts on the cards in their hands. [Another good option is to read the card with no talking].
- Then participants individually rate the idea/step on their card with a score of 1 to 5 (1 for low and 5 for high) and write it on the back of the card. This is called "Read and Score."
- When the bell rings, cards are passed around a second time "Mill and Pass" until the bell rings and the "Read and Score" scoring cycle repeats. This is done for a total of five scoring rounds.
- At the end of cycle five, participants add up the five scores on the back of the last card they are holding. And do one more Mill and Pass.
- Find the best-scoring ideas with the whole group by conducting a countdown. Ask, “Who has a 25?” Invite each participant, if any, holding a card scored 25 to read out the idea and action step. Continue with “Who has a 24?,” “Who has a 23”…. Stop when the top ten ideas have been identified and shared.