Council of Indian Organizations in Greater Philadelphia (CIO)
The Council of Indian Organizations in Greater Philadelphia (CIO) gives the following descriptive information:
CIO, Council of Indian Organizations in Greater Philadelphia, is a non-profit, non-political, non-sectarian organization formed primarily for cultural and educational purposes.
Specifically, its aims and objectives are:
- To provide a common platform to the various member organizations in the Greater Philadelphia area for pursuing their common goals and sharing their concerns.
- To promote, coordinate, and support joint efforts in the social, cultural, educational, and charitable activities of the member organizations.
- To provide civic and political education to the people of Indian origin and encourage greater participation by them in public affairs and to enhance their contribution to the society at large.
- To foster friendship and understanding between people of Asian Indian origin and others.
- To act as a spokesperson for the Asian Indian community.
This organization is headquartered in Frazer, Pennsylvania.
In The News
- Celebration of independence showcases Indian culture in Philly (photos), Newsworks, August 15, 2017.
- Despite El Carnaval cancellation, organizers expect other Philly cultural events to go on, Newsworks, March 21, 2017.