Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Liberating Structures List Alpha on Wikidelphia in Alphabetically order
- (Items in the above list that are marked with an asterisk have my notes in them)
- Liberating Structures List on Wikidelphia Using the LS Website's "order of difficulty"
Move from either-or to robust both-and solutions
This process seeks to address the possibility of opposites existing simultaneously when teams are at work.
- Will our purpose be best served by increased local autonomy, customization, competition, and freedom among units/sites?
- Or, will our purpose be best served by increased integration, standardization, and control among units/sites? Or, both?
- Use 1-2-4-All to generate a list of activities that require attention by asking, “Where is there tension between our desire to standardize and the request for more customizing or autonomy?” 10 min.
- Groups examine: What is the rationale for standardizing? What is the rationale for customizing?
- develop a set of action steps that achieve standardization and a set of action steps that achieve customization.
- Ask, “Which actions boost both?
- Ask, “What modifications or creative ideas can be adopted to move some actions between the three groups?
- prioritize the most promising actions that promote both integration and autonomy.
- Integrated Autonomy Field Guide Entry
- Alt terms: Substitute collaboration for integration
and competition for autonomy