Jewish Voice for Peace
Peace. Social justice. Equality. Human rights.
JVP Philadelphia is the local chapter of Jewish Voice for Peace (JVP), the largest U.S.-based grassroots organization dedicated to promoting full equality, democracy, and self-determination for both Israelis and Palestinians. We are among the many American Jews who say to the U.S. and Israeli governments: "Not in our names!" JVP opposes all forms of oppression, particularly anti-Jewish, anti-Muslim, and anti-Arab bigotry and oppression.
JVP Philly welcomes all Jews and non-Jews who want to change U.S. policy toward Israel, who oppose the occupation of Palestinian land, and who support JVP’s values and policies. We work in the greater Philadelphia area to promote:
- An end to the Israeli occupation of the West Bank and East Jerusalem and the siege of the Gaza Strip
- Justice, equality, security, and self-determination for Palestinians and Israelis
- The right for Palestinian refugees to return to their homes and receive financial restitution
- An end to all violence against civilians
To these ends, JVP endorses the non-violent tactics of boycott, divestment, and sanctions (BDS) just as they were used by global citizens of conscience to protest and ultimately dismantle apartheid in South Africa. Curious about our approach to BDS and other issues? Check out the Frequently Asked Questions and Mission section on JVP's national website.
- Does-Grassroots Activism (2)
- Does-Newsletter Via Email (110)
- Does-Nonviolent Direct Action (6)
- Is-Advocacy Organization (487)
- Is-Jewish Organization (37)
- Is-Membership Organization (181)
- Is-Religious Organization (64)
- Issue-Antisemitism (3)
- Issue-Democracy (41)
- Issue-Human Relations (25)
- Issue-Human Rights (38)
- Issue-Peace (42)
- Issue-Social Justice (104)
- Issue-Violence (22)