Margaret Heffernan: Forget the superchicken pecking order
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Forget The Super Chickens
Organizations are often run according to "the superchicken model," where the value is placed on star employees who outperform others.
- And yet, this isn't what drives the most high-achieving teams.
- Business leader Margaret Heffernan observes that it is social cohesion — built every coffee break, every time one team member asks another for help — that leads over time to great results.
- It's a radical rethink of what drives us to do our best work, and what it means to be a leader.
- Because as Heffernan points out: "Companies don't have ideas. Only people do."
- TED Talk: Dare To Disagree, Openness Is The Begining
- TED Talk: The Dangers Of Willful Blindness
- A Culture of Helpfulness
- Yvonne's Wednesday Group