Office of Civic Engagement and Volunteer Service (OCEVS)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Connecting Philadelphians with Volunteer Opportunities in Their Communities
The Office of Civic Engagement and Volunteer Service (Serve Philadelphia/OCEVS) works to increase community and civic engagement through its three units:
- Community Engagement: Provides community education and organizing tips to residents to help them strengthen their neighborhoods, build coalitions, and become community leaders.
- Volunteer Engagement: Connects groups of volunteers to service opportunities, including the Foster Grandparent Program, where low-income seniors mentor children in pre-K classes, schools, and hospitals.
- Civic Engagement: Develops civic education programs and supports other City-led engagement efforts, including Serve Philadelphia VISTA Corps’ anti-poverty initiatives; convenes the Philadelphia National Service Task Force to increase collaboration between service programs.
Note: The above descriptive information came from the agency's home page.
- Volunteer Opportunities: SERVE Philadelphia: Match Passion With Action
- Foster Grandparents Program
- Is-Government Agency (64)
- Issue-Civic Engagement (53)
- Issue-Community Education (2)
- Issue-Community Engagement (21)
- Issue-Community Involvement In Education (3)
- Issue-Community Organizing (1)
- Issue-Intergenerational Engagement (2)
- Issue-Seniors Mentor Children (1)
- Issue-Volunteering (7)
- Issue-Volunteerism (10)
- Issue-Volunteers (4)