Jump to navigation Jump to search
Driving Hunger From Our Communities
In 1984 Philabundance was founded by an idealist named Pamela Rainey Lawler who saw perfectly good food going to waste, and, at the same time, saw people going hungry.
What started out as a small food rescue organization operating out of a Subaru, 30+ years later, is an innovative, impactful and collaborative organization distributing more than 24 million pounds of food a year to those in need.
Philabundance is a proud member of Feeding America, a nationwide network of food banks leading the fight against hunger in the United States.
Note: The above descriptive information came from the organization's About Us page.
In The News
- Philabundance initiative serving 6,000 free meals during the month of Ramadan, KYW, April 14, 2022.
- KleinLife and Philabundance Partner to Fight Food Insecurity Among Seniors, Jewish Exponent, March 4, 2021.
- Philabundance Opens Community Kitchen Offering Adults Culinary Training and Life Skills, ABC-6, September 22, 2020.
- How to help during the pandemic, Philadelphia Citizen, March 12, 2020.
- Food: Find Free Food Near You
- Twitter: @Philabundance
- Volunteer: Volunteer With Us!
- About-Food (28)
- About-Food Access (5)
- Does-Food Access (14)
- Does-Food Advocacy (15)
- Does-Hunger Relief (14)
- Is-Advocacy Organization (487)
- Is-Coalition (65)
- Is-Food Pantry (11)
- Is-Hunger Relief Organization (10)
- Is-Member Of-Philadelphia Reentry Coalition (35)
- Is-Nonprofit Organization (748)
- Issue-Food (72)
- Issue-Food Access (15)
- Issue-Food Apartheid (9)
- Issue-Food Policy (15)
- Issue-Food Waste (3)
- Issue-Hunger (40)
- Issue-Surplus Food (4)
- Serves-Member Organizations (18)
- Using-Volunteers (335)