Philadelphia Bar Association
The Philadelphia Bar Association, founded in 1802, is the oldest association of lawyers in the United States. It is a keystone in the ongoing developments of the Philadelphia and Pennsylvania legal systems. Attorneys, judges and politicians alike look to the Philadelphia Bar Association for guidance on controversial legal issues, and for an organized meeting ground for professional support and information sharing.
Non-lawyers of the Philadelphia community count on, and look to, the Philadelphia Bar Association for general information on how to address their legal issues and where they can go to find additional information and help. With more than 200 years of dedicated service to stand on, the Philadelphia Bar Association is firmly rooted in the Philadelphia community as a steady and reliable bellwether.
Note: The above descriptive information came from the organization's About the Philadelphia Bar Association page.
In The News
- Philly lawyers offer free legal advice during coronavirus crisis, KYW, April 27, 2020.
- Facebook: @philadelphiabar
- Membership: Join Us Today!
- Referrals: Lawyer Referral and Information Service
- Twitter: @PhilaBar
- Directory of Public Interest Legal Organizations
- Free or Low-cost Legal Services and Resources in Philadelphia
- Philadelphia Bar Foundation