Public Health Management Corporation (PHMC)
A Nonprofit Institute for Public Health
Public Health Management Corporation (PHMC) is a nonprofit public health institute that builds healthier communities through partnerships with government, foundations, businesses and community-based organizations. It fulfills its mission to improve the health of the community by providing outreach, health promotion, education, research, planning, technical assistance, and direct services.
PHMC has served the Greater Philadelphia region since 1972 as a facilitator, developer, intermediary, manager, advocate and innovator in the field of public health. With more than 2,500 employees, 350 programs, a network of subsidiary organizations, 70 locations, sites and close to 350,000 clients served annually, PHMC is one of the largest and most comprehensive public health organizations in the nation.
Note: The above descriptive information came from the organization's About Us page.
In The News
- 'Understanding the pain': Advocacy partnership works to reduce opioid epidemic impact on families, Philadelphia Weekly, August 28, 2020.
- PHMC opens new clinic at Temple University Hospital, Philadelphia Tribune, June 6, 2017.
- Community Health Data Base (CHDB)
- H.E.L.P. Philadelphia
- Joseph J. Peters Institute
- North Philadelphia Grassroots Community Summit
- PHMC Health Connection
- Turning Points for Children