Share Food Program
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Community Access To Wholesome, Affordable Food
The Share Food Program is a nonprofit organization serving a regional network of community organizations engaged in food distribution, education, and advocacy.
- Host sites are what make the Share Package Program possible. Almost anyone or any organization can become a Host Site. Our host sites range from community centers, churches, businesses, senior centers, tenant councils, food cupboards, and social service agencies, to neighbors wanting to help out their block. Anyone looking for a way to make affordable food available to people in their local community is welcome to start a new Share Host Site!
Commodity Supplemental Food Program (CSFP)
- SHARE in partnership with Philabundance also provides support for CSFP.
- CFSP food packages do not provide a complete diet, but rather are good sources of the nutrients typically lacking in the diets of the target population.
- Eligibility for the program is limited to elderly persons with income at or below 130 percent of poverty.
- SHARE utilizes its volunteer power and warehouse to create these packages which are then distributed by Philabundance.
In The News
- Food distribution hub gets a million dollars to fund repairs and go solar, WHYY, January 25, 2021.
- Volunteers helped distribute Thanksgiving meals in Tioga-Nicetown, ABC-6, November 26, 2019.
- About Us
- Volunteer Opportunities
- Become A Food Distribution Host Site
- Share Food Package Host Locator