South Philly Food Co-op
Food as a Force for Good: At Our Tables, In Our Community and For Our Planet
South Philly Food Co-op is South Philly’s only community-owned grocery store. It offers fresh, local foods at fair prices and serves as a hub for our South Philly community.
The Co-op is cooperatively owned and democratically controlled by a community of South Philly neighbors. By leveraging our combined purchasing power, we’re taking ownership of our local economy by keeping our hard-earned dollars right here at home. We keep it real at our store, sharing honest information about our values, products, and prices.
We offer food you can trust to be good for your health and our planet, as we prioritize fair-trade and sustainably produced products free of harmful additives and chemicals. We believe in supporting our neighborhood businesses, so we prioritize local and regional foods.
The best thing about cooperative ownership is that when the community speaks, the Co-op listens.
Note: The above descriptive information came from the organization's home page.
In The News
- New South Philly co-op focuses on bringing local food to community , KYW, December 25, 2020.
- South Philly Food Co-op: beginning with the Basics, Passyunk Post, August 13, 2020.
- South Philly Food Co-op Is One Step Closer to Opening, Philadelphia Magazine, July 12, 2017.
- South Philly Food Co-op to Host Block Party, Passyunk Post, May 8, 2017.
- Facebook: @SouthPhillyFoodCoop
- Membership: Join Now
- Online Store: South Philly Food Co-Op (at Bloc Delivery)
- Twitter: @SPFoodCoop