Member-Supported Radio Service of the University of Pennsylvania
WXPN gives the following descriptive information:
WXPN, the nationally recognized leader in Triple A radio and the premier guide for discovering new and significant artists in rock, blues, roots and folk, is the non-commercial, member-supported radio service of the University of Pennsylvania.
As part of its Mission, WXPN will:
- Connect artists and audiences with a particular emphasis on new and significant artists and music.
- Present a program service of the highest quality and value to its listeners.
- Establish the station as one of the region’s significant cultural institutions.
- Play a national leadership role in public radio and digital media.
- Expand the capacity, reach and value of its services to an increasingly diverse community.
- Provide significant opportunities for students throughout the station enabling them to evaluate potential careers in media, the music industry, and other related occupations, and enhancing their prospects for success in these fields.