Woodside Park

From Wikidelphia
Jump to navigation Jump to search

Woodside Park.

Fallsers (East Falls residents) loved Woodside Park, a Coney Island-like amusement park in West Fairmount Park built by the Fairmount Park Transportation Company in 1897.

Like Chestnut Hill and Willow Grove Parks, Woodside was built along a trolley route. Ten miles of trolley tracks surrounded it.

Woodside Park closed in 1955, but memories are still fresh and evocative.

Note:  The above descriptive information came from the East Falls Historical Society.

See Also