Appreciative Interviews (AI)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Liberating Structures List Alpha on Wikidelphia in Alphabetically order
- (Items in the above list that are marked with an asterisk have my notes in them)
- Liberating Structures List on Wikidelphia Using the LS Website's "order of difficulty"
Discover & build on the root causes of success
- In Pairs participants take turns conducting an interview and telling a success story, paying attention to what made the success possible.
- Ask, “Please tell a story about a time when you worked on a challenge with others and you are proud of what you accomplished. What is the story and what made the success possible? Pair up preferably with someone you don’t know well.”
- In groups of 4, each person retells the story of his or her pair partner. Ask participants to listen for patterns in conditions/assets supporting success and to make note of them.
- Collect insights and patterns for the whole group to see on a flip chart. Summarize if needed.
- Ask, “How are we investing in the assets and conditions that foster success?” and “What opportunities do you see to do more?”
- Use 1-2-4-All or What, So What, Now What? to discuss the questions.