Boardwalk Chapel (BWC)
Proclaiming the Gospel on the Wildwood Boardwalk since 1945
As symbolized by our logo, the Boardwalk Chapel preaches the cross of Christ along the shores of the Atlantic Ocean. In the early 1940's, Rev. Leslie Dunn stood on the beach of Wildwood, NJ, and envisioned reaching tourists and internationals with the gospel. Originally called the "Gospel Pavilion," the Boardwalk Chapel conducted its first services in July 1945. The work continues to this day with the efforts of trained staff and volunteers who proclaim the good news of the Lord Jesus Christ all summer long.
The Chapel is a short-term mission and evangelistic outreach under the Presbytery of New Jersey within the Orthodox Presbyterian Church. The primary goal is to glorify God by proclaiming the gospel and the ultimate desire is that men, women, and children would come to a saving knowledge of Jesus Christ and demonstrate their commitment to Him by joining a local church within their own community. Specific activities of the Chapel include offering evangelism and apologetics training, distributing tracts and booklets, providing free Bibles and books, presenting the gospel through nightly programs, hosting Christian concerts, and conducting follow-up discipleship and Bible studies when possible.
Note: The above descriptive information came from the organization's About Us page.
Editor's Note: Wildwood itself was established in 1912, so Boardwalk Chapel is part of the deep history of Wildwood, making it an important stop for history buffs. PaulSank (talk) 11:51, 7 September 2019 (EDT)
- Denomination: The Orthodox Presbyterian Church
- Facebook: BoardwalkChapel
- History: History (includes photos from the Boyer Museum)
- Video: Boardwalk Chapel: A Ministry Serving the NJ Boardwalk (YouTube, 6m46s)
- Videos: All Videos (Facebook)
- Volunteer: Volunteer Staff