Jump to navigation Jump to search
Judy Wicks gives the following descriptive information:
Judy Wicks is an entrepreneur, author, speaker and mentor working to build a more compassionate, environmentally sustainable and locally based economy.
- Her award winning book Good Morning Beautiful Business: the Unexpected Journey of an Activist Entrepreneur and Local Economy Pioneer was published by Chelsea Green in March, 2013 and won the 2014 Gold Metal in the category of "Business Leadership" from Nautilus Book Awards.
- In 2001, she founded the Sustainable Business Network of Greater Philadelphia and co-founded the international Business Alliance for Local Living Economies.
- As an entrepreneur Judy is best known for Philadelphia’s landmark White Dog Cafe, which she founded in 1983 on the first floor of her house and managed for 26 years.
- In 2000, Judy founded Fair Food, which now has numerous programs to connect local family farms with the urban marketplace.
- Judy is the recipient of many local and national awards.
In The News
- Sustainable Business Network of Greater Philadelphia (SBN)
- Business Alliance for Local Living Economies (BALLE)
- Fair Food
- White Dog Cafe
- Circle of Aunts and Uncles
- All Together Now PA