Jump to navigation Jump to search
A Super-Outline for Study or Meditation on 1 Cor. 13:4-7
Study Love is a big reference source about the New Testament definition of "agape" (spiritual love). A visit to Study Love is good for a quick dose of happy thinking, or for a session of deeper meditation or study.
The site consists mainly of 16 sections, each headed by a phrase from the King James Version of 1 Corinthians 13 ("The Love Chapter"). Each section includes:
- A multitude of translations and versions.
- Multiple definitions of the original Greek words and some of their derivatives ("paronyms"), synonyms, and antonyms.
- Examples of these words elsewhere in the Bible.
- Relevant quotations from other ancient sources and from commentators of later and modern centuries.
- Some also have English dictionary definitions. Some have Hebrew equivalents and definitions.
- There are also a few "Easter eggs", for example, a sub-page about love feasts and a sub-page about kindness to animals.
The site's design is minimalist—informationally rich but compact in data storage—so its navigation is easy and super-fast. Study Love was launched in 2001 from an office in Germantown. It is now based in Burlington County.
Note: The above description was provided to Wikidelphia by the website's owner.
- About-Agape (1)
- About-Character (2)
- About-Community (29)
- About-Conflict Resolution (5)
- About-Cooperation (27)
- About-Happiness (7)
- About-Helpfulness (26)
- About-Love (7)
- About-Philanthropy (3)
- About-Sacred Thought (1)
- Is-Idea Page (39)
- Is-Topical Web Site (5)
- Issue-Altruism (13)
- Issue-Antiviolence (18)
- Issue-Character (17)
- Issue-Community (237)
- Issue-Conflict (5)
- Issue-Cultural Awareness (32)
- Issue-Empowerment (34)
- Issue-Ethics (5)
- Issue-Happiness (13)
- Issue-Helpfulness (60)
- Issue-Human Relations (25)
- Issue-Religion (8)
- Issue-The Bible (9)
- Serves-Christians (2)