Idea: Community Empowerment Study Group
'This page is devoted to collecting resources for a group to use towards understanding community in the broadest sense. It will include the study of traditional "community development" of physical community assets as well as the human assets that make communities valuable socially, politically, and economically. It will also collect study options that relate to empowering communities through community self-awareness, individual participation, and leadership.'
- 1 What Is A Community?
- 2 Mutual Aid
- 3 Asset Based Community Development
- 4 Community Participation
- 5 Community Development
- 6 Communities Creating Health
- 7 Group Process
- 8 Project Management
- 9 Strategic Planning
- 10 Social Networks
- 11 Networked Social Work
- 12 Social Capital
- 13 Social Innovation
- 14 Beyond Intractability Knowledgebase
- 15 Frame Theory Of Social Structure
- 16 Field Theory in Sociology
- 17 I in We
- 18 I in Now
- 19 Education and Life Long Learning
- 20 Dunning-Kruger Effect
- 21 See Also
What Is A Community?
Google Search on "What is a community?"
Asset Based Community Development
- Building Communities from the Inside Out A Key Book!!!
- A basic Capacity Inventory from the book "Building Communities from the Inside Out"
- A 96 page guide to conducting capacity inventories by the authors of Building Communities - "This guide is written for people working in communities and struggling to understand how best to capture the potential of all citizens."
Google search on "Asset Based Community Development"
- Google search on "Community Participation"
- Google Search: "Community Engagement Strategies Assessment Worksheet"
- Video advice from a 6-yr old: http://www.fahe.org/blog/straight-talk-faith/
- Community Engagement Assessment Worksheet
Google search on "Community Development"
Google search on "Community Development Philadelphia"
Communities Creating Health
- SSRI Report
- #creatinghealth on twitter
- The Creating Health Movement (more than a supliment company)
- The Children's Hospital Association (CHA)
- North Philadelphia Grassroots Community Summit
Google search on "Group Process"
Wikipedia's Category on Group Processes
Google search on "Meeting Facilitation"
Google Search on "Appreciative Inquiry"
Google search on "Decision Making"
Google search on "Project Management"
Google search for "Social Networks"
Networked Social Work
Google search on "Networked Social Work"
Google search on "Social Capital"
Beyond Intractability Knowledgebase
Frame Theory Of Social Structure
Field Theory in Sociology
I in We
I in Now
Education and Life Long Learning
Google search on "Education and Life Long Learning"
- The Psychological Effect Creating “Confidently Ignorant” Voters
- Wikipedia Article: Dunning–Kruger effect
- About-Abundance (11)
- About-Civic Values (17)
- About-Collaboration (20)
- About-Community (29)
- About-Community Development (10)
- About-Community Planning (10)
- About-Cooperation (27)
- About-CrowdHelping (5)
- About-Ecological Design (11)
- By-Stan's Creations (24)
- Is-Idea Page (39)
- Is-Other Network (24)
- Is-Question Page (11)
- Is-Resource Page (172)
- Issue-Collective Intelligence (8)
- Issue-Community (238)
- Issue-Community Communication (14)
- Issue-Community Development (82)
- Issue-Community Engagement (21)
- Issue-Community Service (10)
- Issue-Decision Making (19)
- Issue-Economic Development (80)
- Issue-Facilitation (61)
- Issue-Neighborhood Revitalization (33)
- Issue-People Helping People (37)
- Issue-Philosophy (9)
- Issue-Social Artistry (6)
- Issue-Social Capital (4)
- Issue-Social Change (113)
- Issue-Social Class (6)
- Issue-Social Entrepreneurs (9)
- Issue-Social Entrepreneurship (25)
- Issue-Social Justice (104)
- Issue-Social Justice Unionism (14)
- Issue-Social Media (22)
- Issue-Social Networks (6)
- Issue-Social Transformation (17)
- Issue-Transcendental Philosophy (7)
- Issue-Transformation (97)
- Issue-Transformative Learning (13)
- Issue-Transition (23)