Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Liberating Structures List Alpha on Wikidelphia in Alphabetically order
- (Items in the above list that are marked with an asterisk have my notes in them)
- Liberating Structures List on Wikidelphia Using the LS Website's "order of difficulty"
Engage everyone in making sense of profound challenges
- Unlimited number of 5 to 7 chairs around small tables
- Talking object (e.g., talking stick, stone, or art object)
- Markers and one or two pieces of flip-chart paper per table optional
- Explain there will be four rounds of conversation at every table, two first rounds using a talking object, the third one as open conversation, and a final round with the talking object. Give the duration of each round.
- Distribute the talking objects
- Read the six Conversation Café agreements.
- Ask for someone at each table to volunteer as the host. The host is a full participant whose role is to gently intervene only when a participant visibly fails to observe one of the six agreements, most frequently talking on and on
- First round with the talking object: each person shares what he or she is thinking, feeling, or doing about the theme or topic. 1 min. per person
- Second round with the talking object: each person shares thoughts and feelings after having listened to everybody at the table. 1 min. per person
- Third round: open conversation (option to use talking object). 20–40 min.
- Fourth round with the talking object: each member shares “takeaways.” 5–10 min.
- Use Wicked Questions to deepen conversation
- Encourage participants to draw or record insights on the flip-chart “tablecloth”
- To move into action, string together with What, So What, Now What? W?, 15% Solutions, Design StoryBoards, User Experience Fishbowl, or Open Space Technology.